Elder Law Attorney in Brooklyn, NY
Serving Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island & Manhattan
Are We Prepared For The Future? Will My Wishes Be Carried Out?
Some of the most common reasons you may want to seek help of an experienced Elder Law attorney in Brooklyn, New York are:
- You are concerned with the long term care for yourself or your elders
- You want to know more about who would take care of you if you are no longer able to do so yourself
- You want to make sure that your wishes are carried out if you become incapacitated or disabled
- You would like to know more about the long term care options
What Our Experienced Brooklyn Elder Law Attorneys Can Do:
As the highest rated firm with the most reviews in NY, we have a 20 year track record of providing personalized attention to those in need of elder law planning. If you have loved ones, family and friends who are entering the senior years of their lives, The Law Office of Inna Fershteyn can help with the following matters:
- Advise your elders about comprehensive Financial Planning to avoid paying for Nursing Home stay
- Create Pooled Income Trust to allow your elderly to qualify for Medicaid while still having an income
- Provide comprehensive Nursing Home Medicaid Planning to avoid Nursing Home bills
- Prepare an estate plan, including Revocable and Irrevocable trusts and protect your assets
- Prepare Medicaid Home Care Aid application
- Establish Guardianships of disabled adults
Call (718) 333-2394 to set up a consultation or contact us online.
Long Term Care Fair Hearings In New York
Our office represents clients at Fair Hearings pursuant to Section 22 of NY Social Services Law when our clients have been enrolled in a Managed Long Term Care Program and have been receiving care and services, including Personal Care Services, through a Medicaid Managed Long Term Care Health Plan operated by GuildNet or other Manager long Term Care Providers.
What is the Cost of Long Term Care?
Long term care is very expensive and living in a nursing home facility in New York can cost as much as $14,000 a month. Home Health Aides can also be costly and be about $20 per hour of care. Assisted living facilities have fees up to $5,000 per month. In order to minimize these costs, it is important to engage in proper estate and financial planning.
What Is a Pooled Income Trust?
A Pooled Income Trust is a special type of trust that allows people of any age to become financially eligible for public assistance benefits, such as Medicaid home care, while preserving their monthly income in trust for living expenses and supplemental needs. Although American citizens who are over the age of 65 qualify for Medicare, this insurance will not pay for long-term care or home health care. That means that if you are disabled you will have to pay for your care out of your savings. It is possible, however, with planning done by knowledgeable estate attorney to qualify for Medicaid benefits, an insurance program designed to provide health care for the disabled and people over 65.
Medicaid is the only program which can provide long-term health insurance for nursing home or home care. To find out more about your Medicaid eligibility, schedule a consultation with a qualified elder law attorney at Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates. P.C.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM POOLED INCOME TRUST?
- Younger persons with special needs
- Recipients of personal injury settlements who need to apply for, or protect, government benefits
- Elderly persons who have become unwell and are living at home
- Recipients of government benefit programs
- Applicants for government benefit programs
New York Elder Law Attorneys: How Can I Protect My Assets From Nursing Home Bills?
- Your loved ones can become increasingly frail or forgetful and you may need to think about Nursing Home access.
- Paying for Nursing Home can be extremely expensive and it is very important that you consult experienced attorneys at Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates, P.C. who can provide essential estate planning guide to help protect your assets from nursing home costs.
- Placing your assets into Irrevocable Trust will protect it from Nursing Home bills, if such transfer was made five years or more from the time one gets into the nursing home.
5 Essential Estate Planning Documents
How Can I Protect My Assets from Nursing Claim Costs?
ELDER LAW ARTICLES
- 5 Steps to Ensure Financial Stability for your Elders
- The Widow’s Guide To Estate Planning And Wealth Transfer
- 3 Essential Retirement Planning Tips For Women
- The Future Of Long-Term Health Care Insurance: 4 Trends to Watch Out For
- It’s All About Income – In Retirement Planning
- Pooled Income Trust – Solution For Medicaid Long-Term Care
- The Medicaid application is a tough process
- The best place to retire isn’t Florida
- Insurance Groups in NY improperly cut Home Care Hours for Elderly clients
ELDER LAW TESTIMONIES
“Inna Fershteyn is exactly who you want to have on your side: she has a thorough knowledge of the Elder Law, impeccable reputation and reliability, and empathy and kindness to her clients.” – Irina L.
“If you need an estate plan, elder planning, Medicaid planning, or any type of family estate asset protection, give Inna a call. You'll be glad you did!” – Michael P.
The Law Office of Inna Fershteyn provides clients with timely professional Medicaid planning and discusses eligibility for nursing home law.