NY Estate Planning Lawyer & Elder Law Lawyer
Protecting The Interests & Assets Of Clients In NYC, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan in New York
The Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates, P.C. is a leading NY estate planning lawyer based in Brooklyn, NY who concentrates in trusts, estates, probate and elder law legal issues for Clients throughout the greater New York and New Jersey area.
Over a period of 19 years in practice, we have established high legal standards which Clients have recognized through our exceptional references. An experienced, compassionate attorney, Inna Fershteyn is the Principal trust and estate planning lawyer in the firm. Inna's legal practice focuses on all aspects of estate planning and elder law such as: asset protection, drafting wills, trust formation, medicaid planning including pooled income trusts and home care aid medicaid applications, medicaid fraud, business continuation planning, probate and administration of estates, nursing home planning, guardianship proceedings, and estate litigation.
Our practice areas include all areas of wills, trust and estate planning, estate probate / administration and elder law:
|Wills and Trusts||Estate Planning||Asset Protection|
|Medicaid Planning||Elder Law||Guardianship|
|Medicaid Fraud||NY Will Probate||Fair Hearings|
Who We Serve: Our office serves people in all Five Boroughs as well as the entire Tri-State New York area. Our expertise allows us to provide excellent service in drafting trusts, wills and other estate planning documents. Our services also includes medicaid planning and assets protection for senior citizens. We are also very successful in serving executors and estate administrators in Surrogate's Court proceedings.
Experience With Local NYC Court Systems: Our office is closely involved with New York Surrogate's Courts of all five boroughs in assisting our clients with probate, administration and other estate administration matters.
How We Help You
A comprehensive approach to estate and elder law planning. Plan and manage the assets you have spent a lifetime building. Minimize your tax burden. Create a long term care plan. And maintain what your family has built.
With two decades of experience, our New York estate planning lawyer and elder attorney understands and is sensitive to your individual circumstances and the unique complexities each family may face. Our Principal elder care attorney handles all of your elder law and estate planning matters, helping you:
- Protect your assets from rising nursing home costs
- Prepare and strategically utilizing estate planning tools such as revocable and irrevocable trusts and wills
- Prepare home care aid Medicaid applications and set up Home Health Care Aid services
Prepare Pooled Income Trust applications if your income is above Medicaid Income Level requirements
- Assist with the legal process of Article 81 Adult Guardianship Proceedings
- Provide comprehensive medicaid planning to keep assets separate from the State
- Answer estate planning questions you may have
- Preserve assets and save on Estate Taxes
- Set up an Estate Plan and Elder Care plan for your family
Our New York elder law attorneys are uniquely qualified to help you, your family and senior citizens in the NYC area whether you need help setting up a trust or will for yourself or you are dealing with the fine details of health care planning and medicaid for a parent.
Elder Law Planning
Why Elder Law estate planning? At any age, life can be unpredictable, whether you are talking about adult children looking after or directly taking care of an elderly parent or Senior citizens themselves, who face countless challenges everyday to ensure they have the income/money, healthcare and everyday needs to live happily. Dealing with and planning individual care and a Senior's estate is a big responsibility. So plan ahead.
Elder law is an estate planning process that takes into account your assets, your resources, plans for your retirement as well as your long term care plan and puts aside enough resources for comfortable retirement. This estate planning process helps you protect your assets today as well as maintain control over your future tomorrow.
Our difference: At the Law Offices Of Inna Fershteyn, our main areas of practice is Elder Care Law, Estate Planning and Wills, Trusts & Estate Law. We work with your family's Estate Planning needs and pay specific attention to the specialized needs of older adults, providing senior legal assistance on a wide range of needs starting from medical health care planning to estate and trust planning (e.g. pooled income trusts, medicaid applications, and nursing home planning that can give you access to public assistance benefits).
Wills, Trusts And Estate Planning
Drafting a will is an important step for individuals of virtually any age so that your wishes are known and documented. Estate planning on your own terms also means handling your tax planning properly so that you aren't paying more Federal or New York State estate taxes than is necessary. There are many tax planning instruments at your disposal when you plan in advance, using New York estate law to your benefit. Your attorney will help you use the estate planning tools that make sense for your individual situation.
As a New York estate planning attorney for almost 20 years, Inna Fershteyn will also be able to recommend which trusts can be set up to properly protect assets and improve how you transfer and maintain wealth within your family. Trusts help avoid the time consuming and emotionally difficult process of probate.
We prepare the following types of Trusts: Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts. First-Party Special Needs Trusts (Self-Settled), Third-Party Supplemental Needs Trusts and Pooled Income Trusts.
We help answer questions like:
1. What is the difference between Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts?
2. What is the difference between a Trust and a Will?
2. What can be transferred into the Trust?
3. How long does the probate take?
4. Can I add my child's name to the deed and bank account to assure that he will receive it after my death?
Every client is unique from his or her interests, problems, and legal needs. We are dedicated to providing each client with the best possible service. We work closely with them to develop a legal strategy that focuses on achieving these goals. We want to help each and every client avoid negative consequences and take the worrying out of unprotected assets, estate planning, wills, trusts, Medicaid fraud, Medicaid planning, and elder law. Let a qualified local elder law firm that concentrates in serving clients throughout New York including New York City (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, Queens Staten Island and Long Island) and the surrounding Tri-State area guide you through the stressful process and help you reach peace of mind. We will be there to walk you through the process one step at a time.
What Recent Clients Have To Say:
“In all honesty 5 stars simply isn’t enough for Inna Fershteyn’s Law Office.”
“she has a thorough knowledge of the Elder Law, impeccable reputation and reliability, and empathy and kindness to her clients.”
“she has an extensive legal knowledge base to draw from coupled with a quick, creative mind that facilitates solutions that other attorneys may not see.”
Our office brings a competitive spirit and dedicated attention to each case and provides an individual approach to every client. We are licensed in New York and New Jersey.
We are listed among "The Best 10 Lawyers near Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY" (source)
Recent Reviews on Google
- What To Do When A Representative Is Accused Of Stealing From An Estate (6/13/2017) - Under New York state statute § 5-1513, an adult in Nassau County can give durable power of attorney to another adult authorizing them to make financial (not medical) decisions on ...
- Common Mistakes People Make To Avoid Probate (5/26/2017) - You have been probably warned before that you should plan your estate in such a way that it will allow your family to avoid probate proceedings. In the attempt to ...
- Even Your Sperm Needs A Will (4/13/2017) - It may have never occurred to you before, but yes, your reproductive cells need a will. You never know what could happen within the next second of your life. One ...
- Top 3 Reasons Why You Should Do Estate Planning (3/30/2017) - In general Estate planning is a process of managing your assets. It is created during your lifetime and can serve to minimize taxes, avoid lawsuits and properly distribute your assets. ...
- Top 4 Reasons Why Everyone Hates Probate (3/21/2017) - Probate is the process of providing a Surrogate’s court with evidence to uphold the validity of the deceased person’s Last Will. Once the Will is validated, and probate is completed, ...
- The Future Of Long-Term Health Care Insurance: 4 Trends to Watch Out For (3/16/2017) - With time, comes an inevitable change. In the coming years, the long-term health care insurance industry has a few new features that are to be anticipated. Insurance company executives, brokers, ...
- Four Common Mistakes That Can Derail Your Estate Planning (3/13/2017) - As a New York Estate Planning attorney practicing in Trust and Estate field for 19 years, I see the following common estate planning mistakes. Many people draft a will with ...
- What Happens If I Have No Heirs? (6/19/2017) - Estate planning is the legal process of managing your assets. It is created during your life to minimize taxes, avoid lawsuits, and properly distribute your assets after your death. This ...
- Insurance Groups in NY improperly cut Home Care Hours for Elderly clients (5/16/2017) - A call was received from Senior Health Partners of Healthfirst, a managed care insurance company that has been one of the beneficiaries of Medicaid’s overhaul of long-term care for disabled ...
- 5 Steps to Ensure Financial Stability for your Elders (4/26/2017) - As our parents and elders continue to age, the topic of retirement arises more frequently. They spent most of their adult lives working with the intention of eventually retiring securely. ...