Asset Protection Attorney
You have worked very hard to accumulate what you have. 90% of all law suits originate in the United States. Asset protection is the process of safeguarding one’s wealth against those who may have claims against it such creditors and litigants and eventually passing it to your heirs with minimal taxes and without court proceeding.
Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates, P.C. specializes in Asset protection and in creditor protection of your estate. Our experienced asset protection attorneys will analyze your case and recommend strategies designed to achieve your asset protection and wealth preservation goals. For over 18 years we have been focused on legal preservation and protection of wealth of clients residing in NY, NJ, CT, FL, CA, PA and around the world and in safeguarding the assets for the families from attack by creditors and litigants.
WHAT ARE THE WAYS TO PROTECT MY ASSETS?
- Our experienced asset protection attorneys specialize in protecting your wealth from any creditors who may have claims against your assets in the future (Your biggest creditors in your former spouse. We protect your assets in the event of divorce)
- Our estate planning lawyers evaluate your assets and help you prepare for nursing home planning and long term care costs
- Our trust and estate attorneys focus on keeping your assets out of jurisdiction of the court
- Our best tax planning lawyers help minimize taxation of your estate
WHICH CREDITORS CAN SUE ME?
Asset protection is needed because:
- You can be sued for normal consumer debt. A bank loan could result in a claim against your assets.
- You can be sued by a partner or business associate.
- You can be sued as a business owners by any of your customers.
- You can be sued as a shareholder of the business by other shareholders.
- You can be sued as a corporate officer or director and can be held personally liable for the corporation’s liabilities in spite of the limited liability feature of the corporation.
- You can be sued for car accident or accident at your home involving a guest.
- You can be sued for lack of insurance. Liability insurance promises to provide coverage for some type of liability often provides only a limited coverage. Sometimes such coverage is negated by the numerous exceptions buried in the policy.
- You can be sued by a former spouse.
- You can be sued by Medicaid for nursing home costs.
I AM BEING SUED BY A CREDITOR CAN A LAWYER PROTECT MY ASSETS?
Often our asset protection and estate planning lawyers will get a phone call from potential client with the following question: "I am being sued by a creditor, can you attorney protect my assets? " At this point it may be too late to protect the assets that you have. We encourage you to speak with our experienced trust and estate attorneys before any litigation arises. When our estate planning attorneys prepare comprehensive estate plan for you and your loved ones, we always focus on asset protection aspect and try to insulate you and your estate from future creditors and lawsuits.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF FROM CREDITORS?
We use the following measures to protect your assets from creditors:
- Asset protection trusts
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Living wills and trusts
- Medicaid planning
- Elder law planning
WHY SHOULD WE HIRE LAW OFFICE OF INNA FERSHTEYN AND ASSOCIATES, P.C. AS MY ASSET PROTECTION LAWYERS?
Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates, P.C. distinguishes itself from other estate planning law firms in New York and New Jersey areas in that our estate planning is integrated with asset protection recommendations. Our clients receive significant tax benefits by doing their estate planning early and are protected from creditors by preparing for potential law suits and restructuring their assets to avoid losses from future lawsuits. Our asset protection planning focuses on both tax savings and wealth preservation and safeguards client assets from potential divorce proceedings, creditor and litigation exposure ahead of time.
TOP ASSET PROTECTION LAW FIRM IN NY AND NJ AREA
Clients often describe attorney Inna Fershteyn as a "top asset protection attorneys in New York and New Jersey" and she is regarded by her peers as "a leading authority on asset protection and estate planning." Additionally, she has received the AVVO client choice award for 2016. Her invaluable guidance can save you from unnecessary legal and business expenses, and prepare proper asset protection, elder law and estate planning for your family.
A Guide to Asset Protection Planning
Asset Protection Articles
- Why Digital Assets Should Be In Your Estate Plan
- 9 Rules for Asset Protection
- Ten Rules For Asset Protection Planning
- Asset Protection For The Business Owner
- Digital Assets: Why They Need to Be Part of Your Estate Plan
- Will You Go Down With Your Business?
- Don’t Let Divorce Derail Your Retirement Plans
- Why Protecting Intellectual Property Is Crucial to Business Success on 5 Counts